Welcome to the Manatee Chamber of Commerce
Strengthening Your Business and Our Community
Manatee Chamber of Commerce CEO Roundtable Initiative
Business Owners, CEOs, and General Managers... you’re a leader in your organization, but how you get to the next level? Become a members of the Manatee Chamber's new CEO Roundtable! Discuss opportunities, challenges, and ideas related to your unique business while gaining access to an intimate pool of business experts. Develop lasting relationships with other company leaders within the community.
Click here for more information.
Travel to Costa del Sol, Spain with the Manatee Chamber and Chamber Explorations
Join us for nine days, seven nights in beautiful Spain. Begin your trip by departing from Tampa on November 5 and heading for your 4-star hotel in Torremolinos.
All flights, hotel, a number of meals and tours (Alhambra Palace, Seville Cathedral, Plaza de Espana, and more) are included. A professional tour guide will be provided as well as baggage handling and air conditioned motor coach.
Click here for a flyer with complete details.
Informational Meeting: Wednesday, May 22 at 6:00pm in the Manatee Chamber’s downtown Bradenton office at 222 10th St. W. RSVP to Carey Miller at 941-748-4842, ext. 113.
Economic Outlook for the U.S., Florida, and Manatee County
On January 24, 2013, Dr. Hank Fishkind presented his annual forecast summary to participants in the Bradenton Area Economic Development Corporation's Economic Forecast event. To view the slides and economic data from this presentation, click here.
The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce
Being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers that a company uses good practices, is reputable, cares about its customers, and is involved in its community. According to a recent study by The Shapiro Group:
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 68% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 36% more likely to think favorably of the company.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g. sits on the chamber board), consumers are 10% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks more favorably of a company because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy and cares about its customers.
- The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time.